Shop Policies and Returns
Our returns policy is in addition to your rights under the Australian Consumer Law because we want you to be happy with your purchase. Please read the following carefully to ensure you are fully aware of your rights under this policy and our obligations to you. With any purchase made with our business, you are agreeing to our policies.
All change of mind returns must be returned to us within 30 days of purchase. Should the goods be returned after 30 days unfortunately we can’t offer you a refund or exchange.
To be eligible for a return, your item must be unused and in the same condition that you received it. It must also be in the original packaging.
Tassie Bird and Poultry Supplies reserves the right to:
Assess the condition and age of returned goods prior to providing a repair, exchange or refund. This may result in a repair, exchange or refund being refused.
- Your original register receipt is the best form of proof of purchase
- Refunds will be issued using a Tassie Bird and Poultry Supplies Gift Voucher unless the value is under $20 where it will be issued in cash
- Gift cards are not redeemable for cash
Where an item is damaged through misuse, neglect or abnormal use, Tassie Bird and Poultry Supplies will not provide a refund, exchange or repair.
Where you believe an item is faulty or defective, it may be necessary for us to send your goods to the manufacturer or their service agent for it to be assessed within a reasonable period of time.
Change of mind returns
If you wish to return an item because you have changed your mind about your purchase, we will offer you an exchange voucher
- You return the item within 28 days of purchase;
- You produce your original register receipt at the time you return the item
- The item is in resaleable condition including that:
- It is in its original packaging, including instruction manuals (if applicable) and all accessories
- It is unopened, unused and in its original condition; and
- The product is not one on which a change of mind return is not available (see below).
If these requirements are not satisfied Tassie Bird and Poultry Supplies reserves the right not to offer an exchange voucher or refund for change of mind returns.
On return of the goods to our store, our store team members will assess the item to determine whether a refund or exchange will be offered in accordance with our Returns Policy. Please note that return delivery costs are non-refundable for all returns. All returns need to be returned to our store for assessment at buyers expense.
PLEASE NOTE: In the instance of requesting a refund due to change of mind for all orders place on our online store, or when customer has ordered items required for shipping that are clearly marked as "not available for shipping" in the item description refunds granted will occur a 8% fee applied to the refund.
Special Shipping Offers (Terms and Conditions) On occasions we will offer free shipping or discounted shipping on selected items as a special deal for our customers. The offer will ONLY apply to those items listed in the offer advertised. In the instance other items be purchased that do not fall under the offer guidelines, or are large bulky items that superceed the freight rate offered, we will contact you via email or phone to make payment on the required shipping and handling fee. The required shipping and handling fee rate will be determined by the products purchased and your address location. Your order will be dispatched once payment is received. Should you wish to cancel your order at this point, a 8% restocking fee will apply.
Tassie Bird and Poultry Supplies will accept product returns and provide you with an exchange voucher, refund or repair where:
- The product is faulty or is not of acceptable quality, or
- The product is not fit for its intended purpose, or
- The product does not match the sample or our description; and
- You can present your Tassie Bird and Poultry Supplies register receipt or other adequate proof of purchase.
PLEASE NOTE: In the instance of requesting a refund due to change of mind or when customer has ordered items required for shipping that are clearly marked as "not available for shipping" in the item description refunds granted will occur a 8% restocking fee applied to the refund.
Goods on which a return is not available:
Tassie Bird and Poultry Supplies will not accept the return of items from the following categories under the change of mind returns policy under any circumstances:
- Bird Harnesses, Happy Huts or Snuggle Tents and
- Bird Toys (Birds can be carriers of disease without showing symptom, therefore due to disease that can affect these products we are not able to offer returns to protect all our customers and their pets)
- Perishable goods (food, medications, supplements, and pest control chemicals cannot be returned as certain storage requirements and used by dates limit resale of such items)
- Gift cards
- Brinsea products that have been registered for extended warranty (serial number is now registered to you, item cannot be resold under warranty guidelines)
- Live animals
- Sale items as listed below
These products can still be returned if they are faulty
Please choose carefully when purchasing merchandise designated as a clearance or sale item as change of mind returns will not be accepted. Sale and Clearance items are often stock we reduce as they may be:
- end of line,
- discontinued or
- past expiry dates. Goods that are reduced due to past expiry/best before, which will be noted in description of products, are also not returnable under our returns policy under any circumstances.
Refunds for all purchases will be given using your original payment method (online purchases will automatically be refunded to the account used to pay) except in the following circumstances:
- where a credit or debit card was used to make the purchase, the cardholder and the same card used for the purchase must also be presented and used for the refund
- If the purchase was made by Gift Card, a return gift card will be provided (unless otherwise required by law)
- If the purchase was made using a mobile payment or digital wallet service such as Apple Pay, Samsung Pay, Google Pay etc, the refund will be processed back to the mobile or digital wallet
- Afterpay returns will require a refund to be processed through Afterpay. Your refund can take 1-5 business days to process, a 8% processing fee will be charged on change of mind refunds processed on Afterpay (see Shop Policies on Afterpay returns)
Where a gift card, was used to purchase goods or services, at the time of the refund a Card will be issued. Please note the expiry date of the gift card, as a replacement or refund will not be provided, unless required by law.
We recognise that the option to return an unwanted item is important to our customers. To ensure a positive shopping experience for all customers and to prevent fraud, abuse and misuse of this policy, We may refuse to accept items returned for Change of Mind if we identify an unreasonable or excessive return pattern and may also restrict or refuse future transactions from such individuals.
Returns - Faulty Products
Tassie Bird and Poultry Supplies may elect to return the product to the manufacturer’s repair agent to determine the nature of the problem. Tassie Bird and Poultry Supplies reserves the right not to offer an exchange voucher, refund or repair where the item fault is a result of misuse or neglect. All faulty goods need to be inspected by management prior to determining a return claim. ALL RETURNS REQUIRE A RECEIPT AS PROOF OF PURCHASE. No refunds are given without a receipt, however management can authorise an exchange of goods where a receipt cannot be produced.
Our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and for compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure.
AFTERPAY RETURNS and REFUNDS:
Refunds will be offered in the instance of a product being out of stock at the time of order placement and will be processed upon discussion with the customer and refunds will be submitted through Afterpay. Once this refund has been processed you will receive notification from both our business and Afterpay. All other refunds and returns will be in accordance with our Returns Policy.
Some products are not available to purchase with Afterpay payments. These items are clearly marked in the description of goods (all bulk feed in 20kg and some other bulky items). Orders received by payment method Afterpay which are labelled NOT AVAILABLE WITH AFTERPAY will be refunded upon receipt of order and incur a 8% restocking fee.
PLEASE NOTE: In the instance of requesting a refund due to change of mind or when customer has ordered items required for shipping that are clearly marked as "not available for shipping" in the item description refunds granted will occur a 8% fee applied to the refund.
HOW TO RETURN YOUR RETURN / FAULTY PRODUCT:
Please contact us via email before returning your items to ensure we can offer a refund for the goods you are wishing to return, and to discuss your options. Some goods are excluded and are not eligible to be processed for refund. These products are clearly noted in our section marked Goods on which a return is not available (see section above).
Please ensure you include the following with the goods upon returning to our store:
- a copy of your receipt of purchase, including our order number
- include your full name and address
- plus a contact phone or email address for contact regarding your return
To return your product, you should mail your product to: 38 Miandetta Drive Margate Tasmania 7054
You will be responsible for paying for your own shipping costs for returning your item. Shipping costs are non-refundable. If you receive a refund, the cost of return shipping will be deducted from your refund.
Depending on where you live, the time it may take for your exchanged product to reach you, may vary.
If you are shipping an item (rather than returning to store personally), you should consider using a trackable shipping service or purchasing shipping insurance. We don’t guarantee that we will receive your returned item and cannot be responsible for losses in transit.
Loyalty Rewards Card Policies - our loyalty rewards program card is for in store purchases only. Spend $50 in one transaction to receive one stamp. After you have completed your Loyalty Rewards Card of 10 stamps you then receive a $10 gift card to spend in store - there is no limit in time to achieve your stamps and your points do not expire.
*$10 voucher is presented to you on your 10th stamp and can be redeemed in store on your next purchase, Vouchers have a 6 mth expiry date
our Loyalty Rewards Program also offers members a FREE eNews where specials will be sent to you in email format. You will also be updated with new products, product highlights and free information. Watch out for our double points days! Our double points days are advertised in our newsletters and you simply need to present your card on these days in store to receive a stamp for every $25 spend