Coop Secure Automatic Chick Door Opener
Tasmanian Made Product!
An automated door is a simple addition to your coop that will improve your day-to-day and also improve the lives of your birds. Have peace of mind that your flock is locked safely away from predators each night, and then catching those early worms while you sleep in!
The Coop Secure unit will open/close a vertically sliding door (not included) with a weight between 0.4 and 1.4Kg. When darkness falls it will lower the door by unwinding the string until it is slack. At sunrise it will raise the door by winding up the string until it goes tight. The light level at which the door closes can be adjusted by you. Additionally, a second adjustment for delayed morning opening can also be made from zero delay up to 12 hours.
Light level activated - automatically adjusts for summer/winter day length.
Close light level adjustment
Open delay (after sunrise) adjustment - 0 to 12 hours
3 Year battery life
Low battery warning light
- String used: ultra tough Dyneema Braid 8 strand, 80lb/36kg, 0.5mm
Broken string warning light
- 2 year warranty
PACKAGE INCLUDES :
Coop Secure automated chicken door opener (130mmx130mmx35mm)
4x AA batteries
String (to attach your door)
~ Protect your flock tonight !
- Is there a timer? Yes, there is an adjustable opening delay. This can be set from zero delay up to 12 hours after sunrise.
- My coop is in the shade, will it still work? Yes, the coop secure door opener only requires a small amount of ambient light to work. The light level at which the door closes can be adjusted to suit different amounts of shading.
- Is it waterproof? Yes, the unit is designed to be installed on the outside of a chicken coop exposed to the elements.
- Is the door included? No, to keep costs down we don't sell the doors. Most people make their own doors to suit their coops. Doors can be made from any light weight material such as steel or checker plate (available from hardware) or timber.
- What is the size of the Coop Secure door opener? The unit measures 130mm x 130mm.
- Can I install Coop Secure inside the coop? Generally no, unless your coop has a lot of natural sunlight inside.
- Can I add a solar panel and rechargeable batteries? It is technically possible and our fist prototype was solar powered. By using low power components we have extended the battery life to 3 years. We decided against the solar option to keep the price down and simplify the installation.
- What if the door closes on one of my chickens? The door closes very slowly giving them plenty of time to get out of the way. If the door does come down on a chicken only the weight of your door (0.4 - 1.4kg) will rest on the back of the chicken and shouldn't cause any injuries, the door will continue lowering once the chicken moves out of the way.
- How big can my door be? Your door can be any size as long as it weighs between 0.4 and 1.4kg. The maximum travel of the door is 60cm (from lowered to raised).