Grandpa (Treadle) Feeder - Standard
will feed 6 chickens for 10 days
*extra shipping cost may apply for interstate and rural areas on this product
- Cantilevered lid prevents access by sparrows, rats, mice, and other pests.
- Easy-access lid prevents rain ruining your feed.
- Sturdy metal construction provides trouble-free operation for years.
- Large storage area holds approx 9kg/20lb(standard feeder) or 18kg/40lb (large feeder) of poultry feed.
- Aluminium, textured tread plate.
- High quality galvanised finish built to last in tough, outdoor conditions.
- Sick and tired of feeding sparrows?
The feeder can be used by chickens, bantams, pheasants.
Using with lighter birds
This feeder is suitable to use for lighter birds such as bantams as well as larger birds. Do not use with baby chickens as they may get caught when bigger birds step off.
How many chickens can feed at once?
A standard feeder can have 3- 4 chickens eating together at one time, but can be easily be used to feed a flock. We recommend the standard feeder for flocks up to a dozen chickens but if you don't mind filling it more often then it will support more.
This product comes almost fully assembled, just fasten the treadplate on and you're ready to go. The whole product fits easily into your car for transport.
A standard feeder holds 9kg/20lbs feed: generally will feed 6 hens for 10 days.
The feeders come with 2 training bolts to limit movement and instructions for their use: 2 settings with one week on each setting.
The feeders are suitable for all dry feeds.